Monday, June 21, 2010

Wedding Cake Fondant Style







This weekend I designed my sister in law's wedding cake. She requested a carrot cake and left the rest up to me. She wanted some yellow on the cake. It was an outdoor wedding on the first day of summer so I kept it fairly simple as far as the design.

I love working with fondant so once I frosted the cake, I covered it in fondant. Fondant helps keep a wedding cake moist. It can give a cake a very elegant or very simple look depending on what you do with it.

I colored the inside of the flowers yellow and put a couple of yellow fondant roses on it. I made a nest of coconut and melted chocolate and bits of white chocolate. I put a couple of birds in the middle of the nest.

I had three cakes and displayed them on different levels. The birds and the flowers went well with the outdoor setting. All in all this project was a lot of work and a fun one. Happy Wedding Chel and Scott!

No comments:

Post a Comment